The Camrose Elks Lodge #70 was instituted on October 4, 1924, in the David Theatre (now Bailey Theatre) with 128 charter members. Grand Organizer Bro. P.A. Miquelon installed Dr. H.B. Ness as the first Exalted Ruler.

The Elks purchased their first Camrose location (the old Presbyterian Church) which still stands on the northwest corner of 49th Avenue and 49th street.

In 1953-54, our present Hall was moved into Camrose from Dried Meat Lake with additions added for the kitchen and washroom. This new facility provided a meeting place for Sea Cadets, Wrenettes, Girl Guides, and Brownies for many years.

Camrose Elks have contributed to the community in many ways over the past 98 years.

When the old rink was replaced by the new building at the same location the Camrose Elks were instrumental in raising much of the money needed for the project.

During the war years the Elks donated their hall to the Red Cross to be the headquarters of the Blood Donor Clinics.

They sponsored their first baseball team in 1925, a synchronized ice skating team and many local hockey teams throughout the years and plan to reestablish their sponsorships in the near future.

In 1941, the Elks received a special permit to start construction on a project, known as The Elks Park. Trees and shrubs were planted, and the ground was broken and seeded to grass. This park today is known as Jubilee Park.

A substantial amount of money was raised by the Camrose Elks for the first swimming pool in Camrose.

When John Russell School was destroyed by a fire, the Elks donated their hall to the School Board so classes could continue.

For many years, the Elks supported the Canadian Save the Children Fund. In 1956, the National Organization decided to direct our efforts to help Canadian children 18 years of age and younger through the Elks Purple Cross fund and the Elks and Royal Purple Deaf Detection Fund. This Fund has been renamed the Elks and Royal Purple Fund for Children. The Camrose Lodge has contributed thousands of dollars to this fund. In our efforts many children in our community have received financial assistance for medical conditions and many educational outlets.

The Camrose Elks have provided scholarship opportunities to many deserving Camrose Composite High School students for the past 33 years.

We also hosted the Elk-a-thon(walk-a-thon) raising money for The Fund for Children in 1984, 1985, 1993, 2003, 2005, and 2011.

In the past several years we have donated over $200,000 to worthwhile community support programs, local sports teams and families in need.

Recently, a great deal of time and money has gone into refurbishing and updating our Elks Hall.

The Camrose Elks and Royal Purple hosted the Provincial Conferences in 1956, 1988 and 2011